Thursday 5 September 2013

Day 1: It all starts here...

Today is the 2 September 2013 and my first day in a new job. This is the first of my 100 words a day for 100 days. It isn't intended to be Pulitzer Prize-winning material; but I aim to write around 100 words each day describing my experience of my new role and working in commissioning in the NHS. My first day as Director of Quality for a Clinical Commissioning Group was spent mainly meeting some fantastic people and getting acquainted with the building that will be my second home (it's a bit of a maze over 5 floors!). We talked about the challenges and opportunities ahead for improving health & outcomes for the local people and the need to increase a focus on quality whilst also moving to greater integration and efficiency.  Tomorrow I'm meeting with the Nursing Director of our major provider, so will write about this in tomorrow's blog (with her permission, of course). 

No comments:

Post a Comment